Popular Posts

Monday, March 3, 2014

Just checking in....



Hello everyone!
Remember me? It’s been a while, huh?
As we all know, life can get pretty hectic and crazy…Just wanted to say hello and give you a few updates.
 
I’m still sketching although I have not posted anything on the Face book page or twitter in over a week. This past week I took time for me to work on myself; went to the gym with a friend, overhauled my diet, etc…lost 5lbs (woohoo). I will say though, I hate the fact that with balancing home and work…. It forces me to choose art or health…there are just not enough hours in the day to commit to both….
 
As far as “A sketch a day” goes, have no worries… I DO sketch everyday, sometimes a few a day… I just do not post them all. As Pablo Picasso said, “Painting is another way of keeping a diary” That is one of my favorite quotes…
 
This week I will be posting more sketches and hopefully will get some time to work on some paintings this week.
 
I do have a funny story for you... In the break room this morning, someone's phone starting ringing and it was a music ringtone. My co-worker asked me "what song was that?" I honestly did not know and she was like, "oh that's right, you only listen to Lee.." LOL ok, now is a good time to clarify something.... I do not ONLY listen to Lee. I like all kinds of music. I'm actually borderline Musically bi-polar. I can go one min listening to Lee, then Tupac, then The Murmurs, to Sunnyday Real Estate, back to Lee then go on a 90's dance party... LOL It just so happens that I choose to listen to Lee the most because of how the music and his voice makes me feel. Wouldn’t you want to spend a majority of your time listening to something that makes you happy? Exactly.
 
Stay tuned for more lyric sketches this week and hopefully some progress on paintings this week. Didn’t forget about ya :-)
Have a good week everyone!

- Jenn 

No comments:

Post a Comment