Popular Posts

Monday, October 7, 2013

A VISUAL album review of Lee DeWyze's "Frames", track by track ....

 
What is a visual album review you ask?
 
“Art is love made visual” this is my favorite quote and I am taking it literally. I am taking the music I love and making it visual for the world to see ”
 
As many of you already know, my name is Jenn Harding and I am an artist. All of my work is inspired by the music & lyrics of Lee DeWyze. I started out just doing a song here, a song there… Every time I hear his voice it inspired me, but I usually just choose my favorite songs.
 
Ever Since “Frames” was released on August 20, 2013 under Vanguard Records, I have a painting for just about every track. I have listened to nothing but this album and my mind is just flooded with visuals.  There are a few paintings not yet started, however I at least have an idea and sketch for it.
There have been some amazing write ups for this album- fantastic reviews from talented writers. I mean, how can they not be fantastic? It is 43.48 minutes of pure perfection. 
 
The goal of the next 13 posts is to take you on a journey through my mind, sharing with what I see and think as I listen to these tracks….
There is a special place in my heart for ALL of Lee’s music, but the songs on “Frames”, they are extra special. He put so much of himself into these songs; you can’t help but be enthralled with every single song. He is taking you into the inner workings of his mind and heart. Not only are these songs coming from a place that is so personal to him… they are relatable! So much in fact, that it almost makes me feel like you are a part of them, like he was reading your mind when he wrote them. Do you know of any other song writer that can give you that experience every-single-time? (I bet you do not…)
The lyrics are hauntingly beautiful and alluring. His voice is (as always) this modulated smokey gruff , yet comforting all at the same time.
 
Each song takes me to a totally different place in which I’ll be sharing with you.
The format of each one will be the same and will be in the order the songs appear on the album.  You’ll be able to view the painting inspired by that particular song, hear the song, and read the lyrics. I’ll then explain to you how that song makes me feel and how I came to paint what I did. Not only will you be reading about my inspiration, you will also me getting the viewpoint from a fellow Lee fan who knows the music & lyrics, @marekatslp. She will be able to tell you how the painting affects her since she knows the music and can appreciate where I’m coming from.
I am fully aware that I am limiting myself as an artist to only painting Lee DeWyze music, but that is what I feel and painting what you feel is the whole purpose of creating art, correct? In order show you that these paintings can be appreciated by more than Just Lee DeWyze fans, I’ll also be posting the view point of my sister, Danielle Mazzo. She will be writing about the painting just as she sees it… not know the lyrics, not knowing the song, etc….
 
So are you ready? Please stayed tuned for my visual review of the first Track of the album, “Fight” – Which will be featured in Tonight’s Season Premier of “Heart of Dixie” on the CW at 8:00 PM.  Make sure you tune in!
 
While you are at it, please check out what Lee DeWyze is up to as well!http://leedewyzeofficial.com/
 
……..And so it begins……….
 
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment